An ideal meal for the day after a fast (please refer to our article on Intermittent Fasting – here).
Gaia’s delicious Thai Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is light, nourishing and contains numerous spices that help aid digestion. A special recipe composition featured in Gaia’s second cookbook ‘Gratitude’, available at our online shop.
- 500 ml chicken stock (see basics in ‘Gratitude Cookbook’)
- 750 ml coconut milk
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 stalks lemon grass
- 6 slices galangal
- 4 coriander roots, washed and sliced
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 400g chicken meat (thigh or breast)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 long red chilli, seeds removed, sliced thinly lengthways
- Coriander leaves
- 300g bean thread vermicelli noodles, soaked in boiling water for 10 mins and drained
- Bruise kaffir lime leaves and slice lemon grass. Add to a pot with stock, coconut milk, galangal, coriander roots and chilli. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, turn heat to low and simmer for ½ hour. Remove from heat and leave stock for another ½ hour to infuse.
- Strain stock back into a pot and add chicken and remaining ingredients except noodles. Simmer for a few minutes over low heat until chicken is cooked. Check seasoning and adjust with more lime juice or fish sauce.
Add noodles to a bowl, ladle over chicken and soup, garnish with coriander leaves and sliced chilli. Enjoy!
For more of Gaia’s recipes, find the ‘Gaia Gratitude Cookbook’ HERE