This tantalising Gaia recipe of organic coconut chicken breast on roasted sweet potato with fresh garden greens and Gaia’s signature Chilli Jam will lull you into tropical taste-sensation dreams!
- 4 Chicken breasts, skin on and wing bone attached
- 6 star anise
- 200ml chicken stock
- 100ml fish sauce
- 1 litre coconut milk
- 2 red chillies sliced (seeds removed if less heat is required)
- 2 x 5cm pieces ginger, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 bunch coriander roots, washed and roughly chopped
- 12 kaffir lime leaves, crushed
- 4 stalks lemongrass, sliced
- 200g small sweet potatoes, cut into rounds
To serve: Green vegetables of your choice, lime wedges, coriander leaves, and Gaia Chilli Jam
- Divide coconut milk and aromatics in half. Place one half in a pot with chicken stock and the other half in an ovenproof baking dish. Marinate the chicken in the baking dish, coating well with all ingredients. Leave chicken for as long as possible or overnight.
- Bring the sauce ingredients in the pot to a simmer over medium heat. Turn heat to low and simmer for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, toss the sweet potato with a little olive oil and seasoning. Roast in a 180ºC oven for 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Brush marinade from chicken skin and season. Barbecue skin-side down with a little peanut oil for 3 minutes, or until golden. Transfer breasts back to the baking dish, skin-side up and roast at 180ºC for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare green vegetables and blanch in boiling water.
- Place sweet potato in warm bowls. Top with green vegetables, chicken and chilli jam, and spoon sauce around bowl. Scatter with fresh coriander and serve with lime wedges on the side.
More recipes can be found in our latest Gaia Celebrated Recipes Supplement Cookbook and all Gaia Spa Cuisine products, like our popular Chilli Jam are here for you – www.shop.gaiaretreat.com.au/product-category/cuisine