Our Gaia Signature Breakfast Muffins are a favourite with our guests. Now you can make them at home by following our simple recipe, and feel free to customise your mix by using your favourite fruit and nuts.
Makes 12 small muffins
Ingredients – Dry
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup rapadura sugar (or sweetener of choice to taste)
- 1 cup gluten free self-rising flour*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Your choice of fruit and or nuts. We love to use blueberries, raspberries or blackberries
- Pinch salt
Ingredients – Wet
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- Add dry ingredients to a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine
- Gently combine wet to dry ingredients, add and fold through your desired fruit, nuts or flavourings
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin tin.
- Place in a 200-degree pre heated oven and turn down to 180 degrees. Cook for 20 minutes turning midway. If using fan forced bake at 165 c for 17 mins. Check muffins, they will feel soft and perhaps not ready. If not sure test with a skewer. If they need longer cook for another 2 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack and serve.
*We mix our gluten free flour with 40% buckwheat flour to create our own blend.