Roast Sweet Potato & Rocket Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
This nourishing, earthy salad is simple but delicious... with only a few ingredients.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
Ingredients - Salad
1 medium sized orange sweet potato
A large bunch of rocket or enough for 4 (70g approx.)
1 tspn cinnamon powder
1 tspn paprika powder (sweet)
1/2 tspn sea salt
1/4 tspon fresh ground pepper
2 dspon 2nd pressed olive oil
Method - Salad
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Wash sweet potato and cutinto slightly larger than bite-size wedges.
3. Place sweet potato wedges in a baking tray and add cinnamon, paprika, salt, pepper and olive oil.
4. Using your hands, toss the wedges a few times to lightly coat them in the oil and spices then place in the oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until wedges are soft.
5. Remove from oven, and place wedges into a salad bowl. Let them cool for 10 minutes then add the rocket leaves and toss to mix the sweet potato through evenly.
6. Dress the salad with the honey mustard vinaigrette just before serving, or serve the dressing in a bowl on the side.
Ingredients - Dressing
2 dspn seeded mustard
1 dspn honey
2 dspn apple cidar vinegar
Pinch sea salt
2 dspn macadameia nut oil or other cold pressed oil
Method - Dressing
Mix all the ingredients together well in a bowl or shake in a jar with a lid.