Quinoa Tabouleh with Tomato Vinaigrette
This is a great salad that is easy, a little different and absolutely delicious. Perfect for BBQs over Easter! The family will want this one again and again.
Preparation time 30 minutes
Ingredients - Tabouleh
2 cups quinoa
A pinch of sea salt
1 bunch o fcurly parsley
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
1/2 red onion
A handful of sunflower or snow pea sprouts
1/2 cucumber (optional)
Ingredients - Tomato Vinaigrette
1 large tomato
1&1/2 d/spn olive oil
1/2 tspn sea salt
1/2 tspn course ground black pepper
1&1/2 d/spn balsamic vinegar
1&1/2 d/spn apple juice concentrate
Method - Tabouleh
1. Place the quinoa with salt in a pot and cover with cold water, 3cm above the top of the quinoa. Bring to the boil uncovered. When boiling, turn down the heat to low and cover. Cook until the water has evapourated and the quinoa is clear.
2. Fine-chop the parsley, disarding the stems; halve the cherry tomatoes; fine dice the cucumber and red onions.
3. When the quinoa has cooled down, gently mix through all of the tabouleh ingredients.
Method - Tomato Vinaigrette
1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour over the quinoa salad and gently mix through.