Flourless Orange & Almond Cake
This is a delicious, light, gourmet cake... but so easy to make. It is almost impossible to go wrong! The quantitites are equal amounts of orange, egg and almond meal.
Preparation time: 1 hr, including baking
2 whole navel oranges
8 free range eggs
1 & 1/2 cups almond meal
1/3 cup organic raw sugar
2 tspn baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
2. Place whole oranges in a pot, cover with water and boil for approximately 20 minutes.
3. Crack eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and whisk to mix well.
4. Once the oranges are done, drain off the water and blend the whole .oranges (skin on) until smooth.
5. Add the orange puree to the eggs and sugar and whisk to mix. Add the almond meal and whisk again until smooth.
6. Add the baking powder and mix it in well.
7. Grease a cake tin of your choice, pour in the mixture and bake for approximately 35 minutes (the time will vary depending on the cake tni size and the depth of cake).
8. The cake is ready when golden on top and firm to touch, coming away from the sides of the tin slightly and a skewer, when inserted, comes out clean.
**For a splach of decadence, melt some dark chocolate and pour over the cake to make a Jaffa cake!